Terms and Conditions of hire
A minimum booking fee of $200 is required as a retainer within 14 days of the invoice date in order to secure your booking.
- If the booking is made less than 14 days prior to your event your deposit must be made via Electronic Funds Transfer within 48hours of booking.
- Booking fees are designed to secure your booking and are strictly non-refundable.
- Failure to pay the booking fee in a timely fashion may result in forfeit of your booking (see cancellation policy below).
- Balance: Your balance is the remaining fee after your minimum booking fee has been paid.
- Payment may be made by cash or Electronic Transfer (EFT). EFT payments must be received at least 7 day prior to the event. Please note: we do not accept credit cards.
- Entertainment: Balances must be paid in full with a minimum of 7 days prior to your event
- Parties/workshops/classes: Hosts may pay the balance beforehand or on the day of the event. If paying on the day, the host (or a nominated person) is required to pay the party balance in full as a bulk payment. Individual guest payments (in the case of belly dance parties or classes) will not be accepted on the day. Payment may be made by cash, cheque, money order or Electronic Transfer (EFT). EFT payments must be received at least 7 day prior to the event. Please note: we do not accept credit cards.
Cancellation & Refunds
All cancellations must be received in writing. In the event that the client chooses to cancel the event, or is unwilling to have the event go ahead as requested, the client is liable to pay a percentage of the full charges as follows:
- The initial booking fee payment is a non-refundable retainer fee which reserves the date and time on our calendar and guarantees we will be available to hold your party.
- If the client has paid in full and cancels the event 60 days or more before the event – we will refund a maximum of 80% of payments made toward the balance (excluding the booking fee).
- If you have paid in full and you cancel your event between 14 and 59 days or before your event – we will refund 50% of payments made toward your balance (excluding the booking fee).
- A cancellation within 7–14 days prior to your event – no refunds will be made and client is required to pay 100% of the agreed fee.
- If unforeseen circumstances mean that Virginia trading as Cinnamon Twist must cancel your event, we will refund payments in full.
Event duration and Times
Virginia and Cinnamon Twist Belly Dance offer entertainment and dance classes that are varying in duration depending on the event type. The performance or event duration is agreed on between Virginia and the client at the time of booking.
- Duration: The duration of your performance/event booking cannot be altered on the day of the booking.
- Belly Dance parties/workshops: it is the clients responsibility to ensure your guests are on time; teachers are unable to extend party times for late arrivals.
- Party/Performance times: please check performance date/venue/times carefully. It is the client’s responsibility to make sure these are accurate on acceptance of contract & booking form. In the case of belly dance appearances please be aware that scheduled times for shows must be adhered to in order to avoid waiting charges.
- Changes to date/time: We understand that event schedules change and we will try to accommodate your changes if availability permits, we require 7 days notice in writing if you would like to request changes. If we are unable to accommodate your changes your event may be considered ‘cancelled’.
- Postponement: If you wish to postpone your event within a 3 month period we will hold your deposit without penalty to reschedule. Postponements longer than 3 months will require a new invoice and deposit request.
- Waiting Time : We understand that delays can occur, however the entertainer times must be adhered to as closely as possible. Waiting times of up to 15minutes are acceptable, longer waiting time will accrue a fee of $20 per 10 minutes. Requests for unreasonably long waiting times may result in your event to be considered ‘cancelled’, in which case the entertainer reserves the right to leave the venue and any retainers/balances paid will be forfeit by the client.
Conditions of Service
- Instructor/entertainer: We will make every effort to ensure that your party is facilitated by the instructor that you’ve requested however should unavoidable circumstances arise that prevents your chosen instructor from facilitating your event, Cinnamon Twist reserves the right to provide an alternative instructor/entertainer.
- Performance Space: In the case of belly dance performances and appearances, the client is responsible for ensuring an adequate and safe performance space is supplied.
- Participants in Belly Dance Classes: Please note that the cost of the party is for attendance, regardless of whether you choose to physically participate or not. Non-paying spectators (including children) will not be permitted.
- Smoking: Virginia reserves the right to a smoke-free performance environment, including waiting areas.
Photography & Video
- No video recording or photography is permitted without prior approval. Under some circumstances – video and photography may be permitted for personal usage after approval has been sought.
- The sale of video or photography of Virginia or Cinnamon Twist troupe is strictly prohibited.